Effortless Ways to Keep Your Diamond Ring Looking Like Brand NewJewellery
A diamond is the most precious stone in our planet. So if you have one in your possession, consider yourself lucky because not all people can afford to buy a diamond. It is a fact that investing in a diamond involves a lot of cash that is why you need to take extra care of it.
Not only it is precious, diamonds are also an icon for everlasting love. This is the very reason why diamond rings are often used for engagements and weddings. Receiving a diamond ring from your man means that he is offering his love to you eternally. So, it is very essential that you take care of the ring and not taking it for granted because you never know what your man went through just to buy you a diamond ring.
So without any further delay, I have carefully laid out incredibly easy to follow steps on how to clean and maintain the brilliance of your diamond ring.
1. Clean your hands first before touching the diamond. Make sure they are oil-free because diamonds are known to be natural magnets for grease.
2. Fill a cup with lukewarm water, pour a very small amount of detergent and mix it thoroughly. In a separate cup, mix lukewarm water with a small amount of ammonia-based glass cleaner.
3. Place the ring into the soapy solution for at least 10 minutes. This will help breakdown the grease sticking on the surface of the ring and diamond.
4. Remove ring from the soapy solution and transfer it into the ammonia solution for a few minutes.
5. Remove ring from the solution. Gently use a soft-bristled toothbrush to remove any leftover dirt.
6. Wash the diamond ring thorough with clean running water. Make sure to plug the strainer to avoid the ring from getting wash down the drain.
7. Use a soft lint-free cloth or blow dryer to dry your diamond ring.
So, there you have it. I hope these simple tips can help you maintain the beauty of your diamond for years.
Do you have any suggestions? Let us know in the comments!